qemu-devel

Windows on ARM64 not able to use attached TPM 2

From: Stefan Berger
Subject: Windows on ARM64 not able to use attached TPM 2
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:28:57 -0400

Hello!

 I maintain the TPM support in QEMU and the TPM emulator (swtpm). I have a report from a user who would like to use QEMU on ARM64 (aarch64) with EDK2 and use an attached TPM 2 but it doesn't seem to work for him. We know that Windows on x86_64 works with EDK2 and can use an attached TPM 2 (using swtpm). I don't have an aarch64 host myself nor a Microsoft account to be able to access the Windows ARM64 version, so maybe someone here has the necessary background, credentials, and hardware to run QEMU on using kvm to investigate what the problems may be due to on that platform.

https://github.com/stefanberger/swtpm/issues/493

On Linux it seems to access the TPM emulator with the normal tpm_tis driver.

Regards,

   Stefan