qemu-devel

Problem with trace of x86 binary on x86_64 system with PANDA

From: Nikita Gnilozub-Volobuev
Subject: Problem with trace of x86 binary on x86_64 system with PANDA
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 19:15:30 +0300

Hello there.

I'm a student and I'm writing my term paper. Part of it is the record the trace of x86 ELF on x86_64 Linux. For record I use PANDA. And I stacked with very strange problem: there is no system calls in my trace. When I see this I was very surprised and make simple grabber of translation blocks. As I know I must see in that sysenter (0x0F 0x34) and int 0x80 (0xCD 0x80). But nothing of them was in my blocks. Maybe trouble is in TCG? How I can test this and proxing system calls through PANDA for analyze it? For example what I mean: I have very stupid binary, it's just write "Hello world" to file. But PANDA can't catch any calls. Even write although it is clear that this call must be there.

--
With best wishes, Gnilozub-Volobuev N.I.