qemu-devel

Re: tests/acceptance/multiprocess.py test failure

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: tests/acceptance/multiprocess.py test failure
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 21:20:33 +0100

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 at 21:18, Jag Raman <jag.raman@oracle.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 20, 2021, at 2:39 PM, Cleber Rosa <crosa@redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> > Jag Raman writes:
> >>
> >> We presently don’t have permissions to send a PR to
> >> upstream (Peter Maydell).
> >>
> >> Presently, we are requesting someone else who has
> >> permissions to do PRs on our behalf. We will work
> >> on getting permissions to send PRs going forward.

> > I'm going to include that patch in an upcoming PR.  Please let me know
> > if this is not what you intended.
> >
> > PS: I'm not sure I follow what your specific permission problem is, if
> > it's technical or something else.  But, in either case, I'd recommend you
> > sync the MAINTAINERS file entries with your roles/abilities to maintain
> > those files listed.

> I have not registered a GPG keys to submit PR - please see following
> email for context:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg765788.html
>
> I’ll get started on this process as I can help with smaller patches.

This isn't a technical thing particularly -- I just prefer that
if you're not going to be submitting a lot of patches that they
go through some other submaintainer who can review and curate
them as they go past. I do not want us to have a structure
where we have 500 "submaintainers" all directly submitting PRs to me.

thanks
-- PMM