qemu-devel

meson difficulties?

From: Kenneth Adam Miller
Subject: meson difficulties?
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:54:38 -0500

Hello,

I was wondering if the meson build system is symbolic when initializing variables? For example, I have:

var1=ss.source_set()
var2=ss.source_set()

And in the body of the rest of meson.build there are mutually exclusive additions to var1 and var2. When I go to configure and build, I configure for one but not the other. I then call build, but variables for var1 get built for the make target of var2. I don't understand; perhaps the system targets that correspond to softmmu subsume the user source set implicitly? Or perhaps the meson build system is symbolic, and what is added to var1 implicitly gets added to var2?