qemu-devel

Re: Qemu on Haiku

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Qemu on Haiku
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:31:47 +0200

On 28/06/2021 02.38, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2021, Richard Zak wrote:
Hopefully last questions:
[...]
2) Is it acceptable to have a patch for the configure script, or is that
generated? I found some Haiku-related issues there

The configure script is not generated, it's just a shell script so you can send patches for it I think.

Right, QEMU's "configure" script is handmade.

Regarding prior email:
Seems like the big tasks are:
1) Haiku VM for continuous integration. Is this hosted in Amazon or other
cloud infrastructure?

The QEMU project is using gitlab-CI, Travis-CI and Cirrus-CI, as CI systems that could be used by everybody. However, most of these are based on Containers, so it's not possible to run an OS there that is completely different from the ones that are offered by default. Now that's where the tests in the tests/vm/ directory come in very handy. These are based on KVM, so they can run on all Linux hosts that have virtualization enabled. Thus if the tests/vm/haiku.x86_64 test would work more properly, it could get run on KVM-enabled machines, too.

3) Supporting aspects of the qemu code relevant to Haiku (found an issue in
slirp & configure script)

slirp is a separate project now, if you want to fix something in there, please report it here:

 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/slirp/libslirp

 Thomas