qemu-devel

Re: [gitlab] Renamed issue labels for target architecture

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [gitlab] Renamed issue labels for target architecture
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 08:52:46 +0200

Am 13.06.21 um 00:32 schrieb Richard Henderson:

I've renamed arch:* to target:* as there was some amount of confusion as to what "arch" really meant without context.  I've removed labels for lm32 and unicore32 which have been removed from qemu 6.1.  I've added a label for hexagon.

I have not yet added labels for host architecture, because I couldn't figure out how best to word the description, or even if all of the target:* labels need re-wording to emphasize target.

And then there's the special case of TCI.

Thoughts on these?

A pragmatic solution for TCI could use the label "accel: TCI" as a special case and instead of "accel: TCG".

We have an ambiguity for "os:" because it is unclear whether it relates to the host or to the target system. That could be handled by using four labels "host:", "target:" (architecture), "host-os:", "target-os:" (operating system). I'd prefer dropping the "os:" label and extending "target:" (and the new "host:") to allow either architecture, operating system or a combination of both (for example target: i386, target: i386-Windows, host: Windows).

Stefan