qemu-devel

Re: QEMU | USB Ethernet device (RNDIS) does not work on several tested o

From: Paul Zimmerman
Subject: Re: QEMU | USB Ethernet device (RNDIS) does not work on several tested operating systems (#198)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 18:09:13 -0700

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 12:10 PM Paul Zimmerman <pauldzim@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 12:40 AM Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <f4bug@amsat.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 6/11/21 9:48 PM, Paul Zimmerman wrote:
> > > I will take a look. Might take me a couple of days to get to it though.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Odd, your comment appears as posted by myself on GitLab:
> > https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/198#note_599551747
> >
> > BTW Paul, could you join QEMU GitLab project to help us with this issue?
> > https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/project_members/request_access
>
> OK, I put in a request to join the project.
>
> - Paul

This is Paul again.

I looked at the issue from 虎游 @hu60.cn about the dwc2 problem, and it looks
like the issue there is that he/she is using a modular kernel, but the root
disk image does not contain any modules for that kernel. It looks like at least
cdc_ether.ko and cdc_subset.ko are needed for the ethernet to work. I
checked that by using the 2020-08-20-raspios-buster image that is
referenced on the page where they downloaded that kernel, and with
that the network comes up.

- Paul