qemu-devel

Re:Re:Re: set qemu support serial crtscts

From: 付小明
Subject: Re:Re:Re: set qemu support serial crtscts
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 16:30:58 +0800 (CST)

Hi,  Peter and all developers
    Do you solve this question? I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much

At 2021-04-15 13:38:08, "付小明" <fxm16899@163.com> wrote:

Hi, Peter and all developers
     Yes, I need to describe it clearly.
1、I want make the qemu serial support crtscts
2、Problem: the machine's guest is windows, the machine's host is centos.  The qemu emulation pci-serial.
A printer (model is BTP-2001cp)use the serial to print. The machine connect the printer by serial port.
The data printed by the printer is missing some data.You can see picture 1 is lost some data, picture 2  is normal.Because the printer need hardware flow control.
I modify /chardev/char-serial.c to support hardware flow control. Then the data printed by the printer is normal.
The CRTSCTS is (not in POSIX) Enable RTS/CTS (hardware) flow control.
We can acquire some information by  "stty -F /dev/ttyS0 -a ". We can set the CRTSCTS by "stty -F /dev/ttyS0 crtscts"
3、I have some question
1) Does the qemu init all pci-serial port crtscts or raw? For example, I make the qemu configure with 4 pci-serial port.
 -chardev tty,id=charserial0,path=/dev/ttyS0,logfile=/dev/fdset/4,logappend=on -device pci-serial,chardev=charserial0,id=serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x17 -add-fd set=5,fd=28 -chardev tty,id=charserial1,path=/dev/ttyS1,logfile=/dev/fdset/5,logappend=on -device pci-serial,chardev=charserial1,id=serial1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x18 -add-fd set=6,fd=29 -chardev tty,id=charserial2,path=/dev/ttyS2,logfile=/dev/fdset/6,logappend=on -device pci-serial,chardev=charserial2,id=serial2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x19 -add-fd set=7,fd=30 -chardev tty,id=charserial3,path=/dev/ttyS3,logfile=/dev/fdset/7,logappend=on -device pci-serial,chardev=charserial3,id=serial3,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1a
2) if some printer not support (hardware) flow control, we make the qemu support (hardware) flow control, have some bad influence?

.

At 2021-04-14 21:24:20, "Peter Maydell" <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote: >On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 14:18, 付小明 <fxm16899@163.com> wrote: >> >> HI, I have find qemu serial not support crtscts. This result some >> machine not communication, because this machine need crtscts > >Could you provide more detail, please? For a bug report it >is useful to know: > * what you were trying to do > * what happened > * what you expected to happen > * full details like the QEMU command line > * what guest software you were running > >Ideally, the report should have everything we need to be >able to reproduce the problem ourselves. > >thanks >-- PMM