qemu-devel

Re: Serious doubts about Gitlab CI

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: Serious doubts about Gitlab CI
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 14:09:38 +0200

On 30/03/21 13:55, Thomas Huth wrote:

Since the build system has been converted to meson, I think the configure script prefers to use the submodules instead of the distro packages. I've tried to remedy this a little bit here:

https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/commit/db0108d5d846e9a8

... but new jobs of course will use the submodules again if the author is not careful.

Hmm... it should be the same (or if not it's a bug).

Also I wonder whether we could maybe even get rid of the capstone and slirp
submodules in QEMU now

At least for slirp, we probably want to stay more on the bleeding edge which implies having to keep the submodule. Capstone and libfdt probably can go.

Paolo