qemu-devel

Re: Request for Mentor Interaction - GSOC Proposal for Complete AMD Virt

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Request for Mentor Interaction - GSOC Proposal for Complete AMD Virtualization Emulation
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 11:03:41 +0200

On 29/03/2021 06.27, Swetha Vipparla wrote:
Respected Organizer

I'm Swetha Vipparla, a computer science student of International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India (IIIT H). I am currently studying in my first year.

I would like to interact with a mentor in relation to my open-source proposals submitted for GSOC 2021 so far.

The project I’m interested in working on is*Complete AMD Virtualization Emulation*.

My Github ID is*SwethaVipparla*, and I have sent 4 patches regarding the following proposals:

 1. Replace common idioms like if (s->len > 0) { g_string_append(s, ", "); }
    g_string_append(s, "foo") with common helper functions.
 2. Remove leading underscores from #defines: Identifiers with leading
    underscores followed by another underscore or a capital letter are
    reserved by the C standard. Using grep 'define[ \t]*_[A-Z_]' $(find
    -name \*.h | grep -v roms | grep -v linux) to find files that might
    violate this rule.
 3. Replace calls to functions named cpu_physical_memory_* with address_space_*.
 4. Convert routines with multiple goto exit-paths to use
    g_autoptr/g_autofree to handle clean-up and allow direct returns.

 Hi!

Thank you very much for your interest in the QEMU GSoC projects!

Did you send the patches to the mailing list here? I didn't see them on the list here yet ...

QEMU requires patches to be sent to the mailing list, not to be submitted via pull requests. Please see this URL for details:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch

Please connect me with a mentor so that I can go ahead with my final proposal.

The mentor for the AMD topic is Paolo (according to https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2021#Complete_AMD_virtualization_emulation ) ... I've put him on CC:

 Thomas