qemu-devel

Memory address of ivshmem device

From: Luca Belluardo
Subject: Memory address of ivshmem device
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:03:19 +0100

Hi,
I'm using KVM from command line to run a VM and I have to create a ivshmem between host and guest. The options that I pass are:
-device ivshmem-plain, memdev=id -object memory-backend-file,size=1M,share,mem-path=/dev/shm/ivshmem,id=id
Now, from host side I can read and write the shmem. From guest not because the OS in VM doesn't have a device PCI manager. I want to know if the device has a fixed address on KVM VM so to force read and write to that address in the application on VM.

Best regards

Luca Belluardo