qemu-devel

Re: Serious doubts about Gitlab CI

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: Serious doubts about Gitlab CI
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 15:52:41 -0400

On 3/18/21 3:46 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 09:29:32PM +0100, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
Now I'm having serious doubts about Gitlab usefulness for the QEMU
community...

The QEMU Project has 50,000 minutes of GitLab CI quota. Let's enable
GitLab Merge Requests so that anyone can submit a merge request and get
CI coverage.

How does this workflow work?

I push to my branch, I submit a MR, CI runs?

I suppose there must be a way for me to disable a CI run on my branch if I intend to trigger it via a MR, to avoid eating minutes twice.

--js

I think we need to expect free tiers to be insufficient for full CI
coverage. In the longer term we probably need to rely on dedicated
runners, although I'm not sure how much of the issue is QEMU's huge CI
pipeline versus the performance limitations of shared runners.

Stefan