qemu-devel

Re: iotests failing on gitlab CI check-system-fedora job

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: iotests failing on gitlab CI check-system-fedora job
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 00:26:19 +0100

On 17/03/21 23:23, Peter Maydell wrote:
The check-system-fedora job in the gitlab CI seems to have
started reliably failing on iotests 040 041 127 256 267:
  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/1106977551

Could somebody have a look at what's happening, please?
(This is probably a regression that's got into master because
I stopped using "did gitlab CI pass" as a gate because gitlab
was running massively too slowly to be usable for that.)

It's caused by adding virtio devices to the m68k target. Probably it can be fixed by moving i386-softmmu to Fedora and m68k-softmmu to Debian.

But really, most of the tests we run are not ever going to fail in isolation. Do we really gain anything by building all or almost all targets for each cross (as opposed to just one 32-bit and one 64-bit target), or by running check-block many times on similar or identical configurations?

Paolo