qemu-devel

FreeBSD build regressions

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: FreeBSD build regressions
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 10:29:50 +0000

Hi,

It looks like the build has been broken on Cirrus since at least 7b2c4c:

  https://cirrus-ci.com/github/qemu/qemu

I did attempt to have a look but "vm-build-freebsd" seems to be failing
with a different error:

  10:31:47  [alex.bennee@hackbox2:~/l/q/b/all] master|✔ + make vm-build-freebsd
    GIT     ui/keycodemapdb tests/fp/berkeley-testfloat-3
tests/fp/berkeley-softfloat-3 meson dtc capstone slirp
      VM-BUILD freebsd
  cross containers  no

  NOTE: guest cross-compilers enabled: cc cc
  ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libpython3.7m.so.1.0: Undefined symbol
"close_range@FBSD_1.6"
  ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libpython3.7m.so.1.0: Undefined symbol
"close_range@FBSD_1.6"
  The Meson build system
  Version: 0.55.3
  Source dir: /usr/home/qemu/qemu-test.egp8wG/src
  Build dir: /usr/home/qemu/qemu-test.egp8wG/build
  Build type: native build
  Project name: qemu
  Project version: 5.2.50
  ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libpython3.7m.so.1.0: Undefined symbol
"close_range@FBSD_1.6"

  ../src/meson.build:1:0: ERROR: Executables created by c compiler cc are not
runnable.

  A full log can be found at
/usr/home/qemu/qemu-test.egp8wG/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt

  ERROR: meson setup failed

  /home/alex.bennee/lsrc/qemu.git/tests/vm/Makefile.include:95: recipe for
target 'vm-build-freebsd' failed
  make: *** [vm-build-freebsd] Error 3

Tracking back to before the previously mentioned commit it was still
failing which makes me think something has happened to the BSD image (or
something is missing since the build changes). I'd appreciate it if
someone with more FreeBSD knowledge can look into both regressions
because frankly I find it exhausting enough tracking down Linux
regressions when they occur.

Thanks,

--
Alex Bennée