qemu-devel

libvfio-user library in QEMU

From: Jag Raman
Subject: libvfio-user library in QEMU
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 12:08:11 +0000

Hi Stefan,

If we have to use libvfio-user library in QEMU, could we link the library with
the QEMU binary based on some config options?

Secondly, the remote process in multi-process QEMU uses the same QEMU binary
for the remote process as well. Is this OK with libvfio-user, to start with? Or
do you think a separate binary is preferred for the remote process?

From previous discussions, I recall that libvfio-user would be git submodule in
QEMU repo. Is this still the preferred approach?

Thank you very much!
—
Jag