qemu-devel

Re: [RFC v2 0/7] vDPA shadow virtqueue - notifications forwarding

From: Eugenio Perez Martin
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 0/7] vDPA shadow virtqueue - notifications forwarding
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 16:54:18 +0100

Jason,

Correct me if I'm wrong. Based on this series, is your proposal to
move the touched functions in vhost.c [1] to vhost_ops, so they will
become backend-dependent operations, and then develop shadow vq
backend to intercept them?

Other code would also move to that new backend, like the setup/teardown.

[1] vhost_virtqueue_mask and vhost_dev_disable_notifiers