qemu-devel

Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:20:10 -0500

On 1/21/21 5:57 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 05/11/2020 01.06, John Snow wrote:
On 10/30/20 6:57 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 10:10, Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
This
makes it more appealing to leave existing bugs in the LP tracker until
they are resolved, auto-closed, or there is a compelling reason to move
to gitlab.

The compelling reason is that there is no way that I want to
have to consult two entirely separate bug tracking systems
to see what our reported bugs are. We must have an entry
in the new BTS for every 'live' bug, whether it was originally
reported to LP or to gitlab.

OK. I will try to investigate using the Launchpad API to pull our existing information, and then using the Gitlab API to re-create them. We will lose things like the list of subscribers and account information. Tags, Priority and Status can be preserved as labels. I'm not sure what the fate of attachments and other things are yet, I will see.

  Hi John,

since we are switched now the main git repo to gitlab, and many of the incomplete bugs on Launchpad already expired, what about switching the bug tracker to Gitlab now, too? How far did you get with your migration scripts?

  Thomas

Not very! Some small doodles exploring the API, but after a long PTO I haven't had a lot of free time since returning and haven't resumed prototyping with it yet.

If you have more time to look at it, you're more than welcome to.

--js