[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v3 00/12] hw/block/nvme: misc cmb/pmr patches and bump to v1.
Re: [PATCH v3 00/12] hw/block/nvme: misc cmb/pmr patches and bump to v1.4
Wed, 20 Jan 2021 09:20:07 +0900
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:14:52AM +0100, Klaus Jensen wrote:
> From: Klaus Jensen <email@example.com>
> This is a resend of "hw/block/nvme: allow cmb and pmr to coexist" with
> some more PMR work added (PMR RDS/WDS support).
> This includes a resurrection of Andrzej's series from back July.
> Andrzej's main patch basically moved the CMB from BAR 2 into an offset
> in BAR 4 (located after the MSI-X table and PBA). Having an offset on
> the CMB causes a bunch of calculations related to address mapping to
> So, since I couldn't get the patch to apply cleanly I took a stab at
> implementing the suggestion I originally came up with: simply move the
> MSI-X table and PBA from BAR 4 into BAR 0 (up-aligned to a 4 KiB
> boundary after the main NVMe controller registers). This way we can keep
> the CMB at offset zero in its own BAR and free up BAR 4 for use by PMR.
> This makes the patch simpler and does not impact any of the existing
> address mapping code.
Series looks good to me.
Reviewed-by: Keith Busch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re: [PATCH v3 07/12] hw/block/nvme: remove redundant zeroing of PMR registers, (continued)
- [PATCH v3 08/12] hw/block/nvme: disable PMR at boot up, Klaus Jensen, 2021/01/19
- [PATCH v3 09/12] hw/block/nvme: add PMR RDS/WDS support, Klaus Jensen, 2021/01/19
- [PATCH v3 10/12] hw/block/nvme: move cmb logic to v1.4, Klaus Jensen, 2021/01/19
- [PATCH v3 11/12] hw/block/nvme: bump to v1.4, Klaus Jensen, 2021/01/19
- [PATCH v3 12/12] hw/block/nvme: lift cmb restrictions, Klaus Jensen, 2021/01/19
- Re: [PATCH v3 00/12] hw/block/nvme: misc cmb/pmr patches and bump to v1.4,
Keith Busch <=
- Re: [PATCH v3 00/12] hw/block/nvme: misc cmb/pmr patches and bump to v1.4, Klaus Jensen, 2021/01/20