qemu-devel

Re: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:52:52 +0100

Am 15.01.21 um 16:19 schrieb Peter Maydell:

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 14:01, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
I was just trying to see what updates the qemu.nsi file needed for
the merge-all-the-manuals-into-one-place change, and I discovered
that it's been broken since October when we removed the Changelog file:

File: "/tmp/qemu-test/src\Changelog" -> no files found.
Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
    /oname=outfile one_file_only)
Error in script "../src/qemu.nsi" on line 119 -- aborting creation process
...and if you fix that it then fails because it's looking for
a subdirectory share/ in the install dir and it doesn't exist...

That's one of the problems which I mentioned in my other mail.

There should be a subdirectory share/ for Windows, too. The current special case with a flat file structure for Windows does not work and is one of the reasons why I still did not finish a working installer for 5.2.0.

I forgot to mention that some of the problems with the Meson build also occur on macOS with Homebrew: they always happen when a software package requires special compiler flags to find its include files or libraries, but the Meson build does not use the result from pkg-config for them.

Stefan