qemu-devel

Re: Problems with irq mapping in qemu v5.2

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Problems with irq mapping in qemu v5.2
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:50:39 +0100

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 9:11 AM BALATON Zoltan <balaton@eik.bme.hu> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2020, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 02:34:07AM +0100, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
> > [ ... ]
> >>
> >> If we need legacy mode then we may be able to emulate that by setting BARs
> >> to legacy ports ignoring what values are written to them if legacy mode
> >> config is set (which may be what the real chip does) and we already have
> >> IRQs hard wired to legacy values so that would give us legacy and
> >> half-native mode which is enough for both fuloong2e and pegasos2 but I'm
> >> not
> >> sure how can we fix BARs in QEMU because that's also handled by generic PCI
> >> code which I also don't want to break.
> >
> > The code below works for booting Linux while at the same time not affecting
> > any other emulation. I don't claim it to be a perfect fix, and overloading
> > the existing property is a bit hackish, but it does work.
[...]
> I think we don't need more complete
> emulation of this chip than this for now but if somebody wants to attempt
> that I don't mind as long as it does not break pegasos2.

Fine by me as long as pegasos2 doesn't break other OSes :)

Can we have integration tests of pegasos2 so we can modify the device models
without introducing regressions?
If it is not open-source, you could still contribute tests with hash
of tested binary
and provide the binary file to test on demand off-list.

Regards,

Phil.