qemu-devel

Re: Problems with irq mapping in qemu v5.2

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: Problems with irq mapping in qemu v5.2
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 14:39:44 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
On 22/12/2020 22:23, BALATON Zoltan via wrote:
I've just remembered that for sam460ex we had this commit: 484ab3dffadc (sam460ex: Fix PCI interrupts with multiple devices) that changed that mapping for that machine so I guess you got the exception with the bamboo board then. I'm not sure though that similar fix is applicable fot that or even that this fix is correct for sam460ex but appears to work so far.

FWIW you might want to review this commit: as Peter noticed it is possible to lose interrupts here since if one PCI interrupt is already asserted and then another comes along, the second PCI interrupt will unintentionally clear the first which could cause problems.

Yes, thanks for reminding. I think this was also raised back then but for some reason we thought this should not be an issue in this case but I'll give it a try and see if using an or-gate would be better. The only possible IRQ related problem I know about is choppy sound with an emulated PCI sound card but that may be because some other audio related problem as well.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan

You probably want to keep the 4 separate PCI interrupts but feed them into an OR IRQ, the output of which gets fed into the UIC. Have a look at https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-12/msg05503.html for the sun4m variant of this based upon Peter's original example.

ATB,

Mark.