qemu-devel

Re: [RFC v5 00/12] i386 cleanup

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [RFC v5 00/12] i386 cleanup
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 21:14:49 +0100

On 24/11/20 17:21, Claudio Fontana wrote:
In this version I basically QOMified X86CPUAccel, taking the
suggestions from Eduardo as the starting point,
but stopping just short of making it an actual QOM interface,
using a plain abstract class, and then subclasses for the
actual objects.

Initialization is still using the existing qemu initialization
framework (module_call_init), which is I still think is better
than the alternatives proposed, in the current state.

Possibly some improvements could be developed in the future here.
In this case, effort should be put in keeping things extendible,
in order not to be blocked once accelerators also become modules.

It's certainly getting there.  Thanks for persisting!

Paolo