qemu-devel

QEMU build dependencies for new board

From: Ancuta, Cristian
Subject: QEMU build dependencies for new board
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:29:14 +0000

Hi all,

I’ve implemented a new CPU target in ./target/arch_name and I’m also trying to add a new board to emulate that target on in system mode in ./hw/arch_name. The board is based on the versatilepb, but I’ll gradually be removing all the arm implementation from it, aiming for a minimal implementation with just my custom cpu architecture, system bus, main memory and an UART.

I’ve also added all the necessary stuff required by minikconf.py in ./default-configs/<target>-softmmu.mak, ./hw/<arch>/Kconfig and a source entry in ./hw/Kconfig.

Here’s what the ./hw/<arch>/Kconfig file looks like

config NEW_BOARD

                  bool

                  select PL011  # UART

                  select PL080  # DMA controller

The problem is that the build system is bringing in other files that I didn’t specify (CONFIG_A15MPCORE, CONFIG_A15MPCORE, CONFIG_9MPCORE, etc. ), and I’m not sure how they’re ending up in ./build/<target>-softmmu/config_device.mak:

CONFIG_A15MPCORE=y

CONFIG_A9MPCORE=y

CONFIG_A9SCU=y

CONFIG_A9_GTIMER=y

CONFIG_ARM11MPCORE=y

CONFIG_ARM11SCU=y

CONFIG_ARM_GIC=y

CONFIG_ARM_MPTIMER=y

CONFIG_ARM_TIMER=y

CONFIG_BITBANG_I2C=y

CONFIG_DS1338=y

CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER=y

CONFIG_I2C=y

CONFIG_LAN9118=y

CONFIG_LSI_SCSI_PCI=y

CONFIG_MSI_NONBROKEN=y

CONFIG_<NEW_BOARD>=y

CONFIG_PCI=y

CONFIG_PL011=y

CONFIG_PL031=y

CONFIG_PL041=y

CONFIG_PL050=y

CONFIG_PL061=y

CONFIG_PL080=y

CONFIG_PL110=y

CONFIG_PL181=y

CONFIG_PL310=y

CONFIG_PS2=y

CONFIG_PTIMER=y

CONFIG_SCSI=y

CONFIG_SD=y

And because a15mpcore.c is trying to include “kvm_arm.h” from /target/arm which I don’t include in my build, it obviously doesn’t compile.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Cristian