qemu-devel

Re: virtio-9p-test.c:300:v9fs_req_recv: assertion failed (hdr.id == id):

From: Greg Kurz
Subject: Re: virtio-9p-test.c:300:v9fs_req_recv: assertion failed (hdr.id == id): (7 == 73)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:28:27 +0100

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:48:15 +0100
Christian Schoenebeck <qemu_oss@crudebyte.com> wrote:

> On Montag, 23. November 2020 14:17:34 CET Greg Kurz wrote:

[...]

> Yeah, looks like the mkdir() call which is supposed to create the 9p test
> directory, is failing there for some reason. The question is how to find that
> out (effectively) without having access to an affected system.

I'd say through a bug report that provide enough details on the
host system.

> It's now too late for 5.2, but I think for 6.0 it would make sense
> introducing
> a dedicated 9p option loglevel=..., so we can tell people to enable this to
> capture the precise source location where an error ocurred. That would mean
> spreading a huge bunch of macros all over the 9p code base, but it would
> definitely help a lot understanding the root cause of reported issues in an
> efficient way.

Maybe but in any case we still should fix this somehow for 5.2.
The "local" tests are certainly valuable but we can't let them
break automated CI or build systems.

Since this is basically triggered by a 'make check' we can
workaround the issue by marking the "local" tests as "slow".

I'll send a patch ASAP.