qemu-devel

Re: physmem: Is 0644 OK for new created file?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: physmem: Is 0644 OK for new created file?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:38:15 +0100

On 23/11/20 12:41, Peng Liang wrote:
Hi,

Recently, I tried to use ivshmem-plain devices to share some information
between guests.  I found that if the file of the shmem doesn't exist,
then QEMU will create one and the mode of it is 0644.  Maybe it is risky
because everyone can read the content of the file?  Do we need to change
it to 0640 or 0600?

You can control that with the directory permissions or the umask as well, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Paolo