qemu-devel

Command line QAPIfication and -readconfig

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Command line QAPIfication and -readconfig
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:24:40 +0100

Hi,

while QAPIfying the chardev configuration, I noticed that dropping
QemuOpts completely in vl.c would break -readconfig. So for now I'm
stopping at the point where internal interfaces are fully QAPIfied and
the QemuOpts interfaces are only a thin wrapper around them.

But do we already have a plan what to do with -readconfig? Should we
just deprecate it in 5.2 so we can complete the work in 6.1 and leave
vl.c unconverted for now? Or should we rather convert half of vl.c and
keep both QAPI and QemuOpts around for the same option for now?

Kevin