qemu-devel

Re: Qemu first time contribution

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Qemu first time contribution
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 09:44:19 +0100

On 07/11/2020 20.18, Harshavardhan Unnibhavi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to contribute code to QEMU, a software I have enjoyed
> using for my own projects. I want to contribute to developing a
> specific component in the project. I was looking for possible project
> ideas and came across this page:
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020 . Is it ok to start
> working on a project I pick from here? For example I am interested in
> the " TCG Plugin Cache Modelling"  and "NVMe Emulation Performance
> Optimization".
>
> If not do you maintain a list of components(or issues) that require
> some work or new features to be added?
>
> Looking forward to your replies.

 Hi,

thanks for your interest in QEMU! However, GSoC 2020 is already over, and
the projects for 2021 haven't been defined yet (as far as I know). But if
you want to have a try with a small task first, we keep a list of rather
small and easy tasks here:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/BiteSizedTasks

 HTH,
  Thomas