qemu-devel

Re: How about using a bot to guard the pull request can be apply? like r

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: How about using a bot to guard the pull request can be apply? like rust compiler does.
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:32:04 +0000

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 at 20:14, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) <luoyonggang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter can @bots try to apply pull request, if pull request apply and all ci
> tests passed, then the bot automatically merge the pull request and push to
> the mirrors.

This is somewhere on my list of nice-to-have-in-future
improvements to our process. You'd need to have a human
in the loop because there are things we want to review
which the CI does not catch (mostly "does this look
sensible", "is this a request from a new submitter whose
work needs a second lookthrough") but that could be done
with some similar thing to the r=whoever comments some
other projects use. Then you could have "as long as 1
(or 2 during releases) senior maintainer acks the pullreq
it goes in" rules.

But right at the moment that's half a dozen steps in the
future and we need to get the basic CI stuff working
before we start looking at changing the workflow for
submaintainers.

thanks
-- PMM