qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/10] migration queue

From: Peter Xu
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/10] migration queue
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 14:58:35 -0400

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:13:44AM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:

> >> This seems to hang in 'make check' trying to run
> >> tests/qtest/migration-test on s390x and ppc, ie
> >> the big-endian hosts.
> >
> > Hi, Peter,
> >
> > Do you know what's the page size on both platforms?
>
> s390x uses 4k page size by default. Only huge-pages are different.

Hmm... Then I can't explain.  Maybe there're two bugs, or maybe there's
something I've overlooked.

> > I'm also trying to find a s390x host to give it a shot.  However I decided
> > also ask this loud so it might be even faster.
>
> Easiest way to test on s390x is likely to use Travis. If you have already an
> github or gitlab account, you can simply clone the qemu repository there and
> add Travis (from the Marketplace in Github, not sure how it exactly works
> with Gitlab) to your cloned repo. If you then push commits to a branch,
> Travis should trigger automatically, including runs on s390x, see e.g.:
>
>  https://travis-ci.com/github/huth/qemu/jobs/399317194

Finally I setup the CI this time and that's quite handy.  I should probably do
this even earlier, thanks Thomas!

Anyway, I'll see whether my fix will pass travis (still running), and see
whether I should repost again.

--
Peter Xu