qemu-devel

Re: Purpose of QOM properties registered at realize time?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: Purpose of QOM properties registered at realize time?
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 16:54:31 +0200

On 07/10/20 16:27, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
>> It is always wrapped, but (as far as I recall, because I have never
>> worked with GPIOs) they are intentionally QOM properties and not just as
>> an implementation detail.  It's meant to be accessible to the user if
>> only through qom-get/qom-set.
>
> Being accessible for debugging would be OK.  I'm just worried
> about dynamic QOM properties being part of a stable and supported
> API.

Certainly accessing the properties is only for debugging.

However, I am not sure if the _existence_ of GPIOs as dynamic QOM
properties is part of the API; that is, whether the user has to specify
the names of these properties to create some devices.  I don't think
that wouldn't be a problem anyway, what do you think?

Paolo