qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v8 00/86] Misc QEMU patches for 2020-09-24

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL v8 00/86] Misc QEMU patches for 2020-09-24
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 19:52:04 +0100

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 at 19:45, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/20 20:24, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
> > We already have Sphinx 3.x hacks inside our fork of kernel-doc,
> > see commit 152d1967f650 ("kernel-doc: Use c:struct for Sphinx 3.0
> > and later").
> >
> > If we want to keep deviating from upstream kernel-doc, the
> > following patch seems to work.  Do we want to?

> I can try sending these to upstream Linux, too.

I did mention the c:struct change we're carrying to Jon Corbet
when I sent him the missing-close-paren fix to kernel-doc
earlier this year:
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/2004.1/08760.html
I think it probably mostly needs somebody to try these changes
in the context of producing the kernel docs and see if they
are sufficient to fix kernel doc production too...

thanks
-- PMM