qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 1/1] Revert "migration: Properly destroy variables on incoming

From: Peter Xu
Subject: Re: [PULL 1/1] Revert "migration: Properly destroy variables on incoming side"
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 11:51:06 -0400

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 04:20:24PM +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert (git) wrote:
> From: "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <dgilbert@redhat.com>
>
> This reverts commit c02039a6f3730ddcf683a0ba9a175688c6db71a0.
>
> This is breaking test 068 that does a loadvm twice.

This is exactly something I'm afraid of happening... :-(

Though for the long term in the future, ideally maybe we should just forbid
loadvm for more than once (restarting a QEMU instance won't hurt, afaict, or we
really need to be careful on the whole loadvm path, I'm not sure whether
there's any other spots that we didn't notice that won't allow reentrance), or
we should provide some reset helper, so that we won't only destroy partially in
the destroy helper.

--
Peter Xu