qemu-devel

Publishing docs for formal releases

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Publishing docs for formal releases
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:49:58 +0100

We currently have a cronjob publishing:

   https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/

The URL was chosen such that we would also publish docs for each release
at URLs like

   https://www.qemu.org/docs/5.0.0

The latter part has not happened yet.

IIUC, we first introduced the new docs approach in 4.0.0, so ideally we
would publish our historical docs for 4.0.0 releases onwards, including
each minor point release on stable branches. So this means 4.0.0, 4.0.1
4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 5.0.0, 5.0.1 and 5.1.0.

What needs to happen to turn this into reality ? On IRC it was sugggested
that this be done as part of the release process handled by Michael Roth.

Is there anything blocking this ?

One we have docs publishing happening, then we'll want to also update

  https://www.qemu.org/documentation/

to link people to the docs for each release when making a release.

Regards,
Daniel