qemu-devel

Re: Deprecating --enable-gprof?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Deprecating --enable-gprof?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 15:19:00 +0100

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 14:27, Marc-André Lureau
<marcandre.lureau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> configure has --enable-gprof since its creation, but is it actually being
> used, or is it sporadic enough that we could deprecate it?

This reminds me (because I can never keep gprof and gcov straight
in my head :-)) that now the meson build has landed we should
probably insist on gcov/gcovr being at least version 4.1, because
older versions don't correctly handle out of tree builds:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-06/msg05823.html

-- PMM