qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v7 000/151] Meson-based build system

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL v7 000/151] Meson-based build system
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 14:33:12 +0200

On 21/08/20 12:58, Howard Spoelstra wrote:
> I investigated a bit further and saw:
> ldd in Fedora tells me the executable is "not a dynamic executable".

How are you executing ldd?  I cross built a mingw executable from Fedora
and it was definitely using system DLLs.

PIE builds and doesn't start (doesn't even reach main) but --disable-pie
works just fine.  I don't know if the same issue is present under
Windows or it's Wine-specific.

Stuff that is not in CI pipelines is going to break.  Since there is an
easy workaround for bisection (--disable-pie), and Meson makes it easier
to run tests under Wine, we really should fix this on top of the
conversion and also add Wine support to the CI pipelines.  This way it
will be tested.

As to grepy.sh, perhaps the problem is due to CRLF line endings?  My
suggestion is that you just rewrite it in Python, like

s = set()
for fname in sys.argv[1:]:
    with open(fname, 'r') as f:
        s.update((x.rstrip() for x in f
                  if x.rstrip().endswith('=y')))
print(*sorted(s), sep='\n')

and send a patch after you've tested it.

Paolo