qemu-devel

Re: qemu repo lockdown message for a WHPX PR

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: qemu repo lockdown message for a WHPX PR
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 22:28:25 +0200

On 28/07/20 21:19, Sunil Muthuswamy wrote:
> Hey Paolo,
>
> Following your suggestion of creating PRs for WHPX changes, I tried creating
> a PR https://github.com/qemu/qemu/pull/95
>
> But, I am getting repo-lockdown message. What do I need to do differently?

Hi,

I was not referring to github pull requests, but rather to a maintainer
pull request.  This is also sent to the mailing list.  There is no
QEMU-specific documentation since maintainers are generally experienced
enough to have observed how these are sent, but the Linux documentation
more or less applies:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/maintainer/pull-requests.html

In any case, I suspect this misunderstanding is a sign that I should be
handling WHPX patches for some more time, which I will gladly do. :)

Thanks!

Paolo