qemu-devel

Problem with msix interrupts

From: Pratik Pranav
Subject: Problem with msix interrupts
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 13:36:21 +0530

Hi,
I have a problem with MSI-X interrupt delivery between different VM guests on QEMU. Could you tell me whether QEMU needs KVM for interrupt delivery between QEMU guests?

I am currently using an ivshmem driver to work on a messaging layer between two VMs, one running on qemu-system-x86 and another on qemu-system-aarch64. When I try to interrupt the x86 VM from ARM VM, it gets interrupted but doesn't occur the other way. When I removed KVM from x86, I couldn't even interrupt x86.

Yours Sincerely,
Pratik Pranav

photo
Pratik Pranav
Student, Computer Science and Engineering at  Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Satpura Hostel, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016
8936051771
cs1180368@cse.iitd.ac.in