qemu-devel

Re: [GIT PULL] I2C updates

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] I2C updates
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 11:50:44 +0100

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 23:26, Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 09:45:41PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > Hi; this failed to build on x86-64 Linux (incremental build):
>
> Hmm, I did test this, and I just rebuilt, then rebased on the end of
> master and rebuilt, without issue.
>
> It looks like the smbus code is not being included, but I don't see how
> that can be.

I was wrong about which config failed, sorry. Incremental builds
are fine, but the build that does "make -C builddir clean" first
fails.

It looks like the problem is that in the created config-devices.mak
files, CONFIG_SMBUS_EEPROM is set, but CONFIG_SMBUS is not.
So presumably the problem is in the change
"hw/i2c/Kconfig: Add an entry for the SMBus", or it is a more
general issue with changes to Kconfig files not correctly
resulting in rebuilds of config-devices.mak.

thanks
-- PMM