qemu-devel

Re: Migrating custom qemu.org infrastructure to GitLab

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Migrating custom qemu.org infrastructure to GitLab
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 16:04:00 +0200

On 7/8/20 11:52 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

> There is a snowball effect where the experience is improved the more
> GitLab features we use, so I hope that most of these migrations will
> be possible.

I've been looking at other features we might be interested in.

1/ Calendar

I was looking for a calendar option to register the release dates
and the Tuesday QEMU/KVM external call.
They recommend to pair with GSuite instead:
https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/tools-and-tips/#google-calendar
Or calendly: https://calendly.com/

2/ Due dates

We can set 'due date' to issues/merge requests, useful to not
miss soft-freeze or CVE embargo expiration:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issues/due_dates.html

3/ Milestones as releases

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/milestones/#milestones-as-releases

4/ d3js graphs

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/development/new_fe_guide/development/components.html#graphs
So we can now have more interesting graphs in the wiki/doc such:
https://observablehq.com/@philmd/qemu-aarch64-softmmu-qom-tree

5/ CI testing metrics
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/metrics_reports.html#how-it-works

6/ Sentry error tracking

Maybe to gather the CI errors?
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/operations/error_tracking.html#sentry-error-tracking

7/ License Compliance

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/compliance/license_compliance/

8/ Connecting with other bug tracking services:

In case we want to link BZ:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/integrations/bugzilla.html

Or eventually launchpad:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/integrations/custom_issue_tracker.html