qemu-devel

Re: Delete some Wiki pages (was: Migrating custom qemu.org infrastructur

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: Delete some Wiki pages (was: Migrating custom qemu.org infrastructure to GitLab)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:17:26 +0100

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 03:10:44PM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 09/07/2020 12.33, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > On 09/07/20 12:22, Thomas Huth wrote:
> >> FWIW, seems like we could use the "pandoc" tool to convert Mediawiki
> >> (our old Wiki) to Markdown (Gitlab wiki). I've done a quick test and
> >> converted https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/MailingLists into
> >> few clicks.
> >>
> >> But the longer I look at most Wiki pages, the more I think that we
> >> should convert the important pages rather into a part of qemu-web
> >> instead. I'll have a closer look and will suggest some patches when time
> >> permits...
> >
> > The wiki was cleaned up more or less at the same time as the
> > qemu-web.git repo was created (actually as a prerequisite), it's
> > actually not in a bad shape.
>
> There are still quite a bit of pages that either contain hardly any
> usable information or are completely outdated. Paolo, Stefan, may I ask
> you to check whether the following pages could be deleted? I don't have
> access rights to delete a page, so if you agree that they are mostly
> useless, please go ahead and delete them:

> - https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/LibvirtWiresharkDissector
>   seems to be a libvirt proposal - IMHO should not be in the QEMU wiki

This was a GSoC project and at that time libvirt GSoC projects were
under the QEMU umbrella. Libvirt now runs GSoC itself.

Either way, there's no particularly important content here, but it is
the second hit in google for "libvirt wireshark" ! I'm fine with it
being removed in general unless we want to keep a record of old GSoc
projects ?

Regards,
Daniel