qemu-devel

Re: Using QXL & Spice with Windows Host & QEMU

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: Using QXL & Spice with Windows Host & QEMU
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 15:53:43 +0400

Hi

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:30 PM <laurens.nikolaisen@posteo.de> wrote:
Hello everyone,

when using Qemu 4.2.0 with a Windows host, qemu-system-x86_64 reports:
"QXL VGA not available"

I used the following Qemu args for testing:
qemu-system-x86-x64.exe -accel hax -machine q35 -m 4GB -cdrom
xubuntu-20.04-desktop-amd64.iso

Using either "-vga stdt" or "-vga vmware" works. The performance is just
not that good.

Do I have a chance to get spice & QXL up and running with a Windows 10
host and
Qemu?

Frediano gave you an answer on spice-devel (https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2020-June/051699.html).

You probably need a recent release of qemu too, and make sure to enable spice & qxl. How did you build qemu?

Beware that Spice on Windows hasn't probably been tested much so far, you are on the forefront!

--
Marc-André Lureau