qemu-devel

Question about vhost-user-gpu on Arm64

From: Zhoujian (jay)
Subject: Question about vhost-user-gpu on Arm64
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:23:37 +0000

Hi,

I want to test vhost-user-gpu on arm64 recently and follow the steps listed in
section "vhost-user virtio gpu"[1].
So I compiled the qemu with CONFIG_VIRTIO_VGA=y and
CONFIG_VHOST_USER_VGA=y forcely, the vhost-user-gpu gpu emulation
process and qemu process started successfully, but the qemu reported repeatly:

    "qemu-system-aarch64: console doesn't support GL!"
        "qemu-system-aarch64: console doesn't support dmabuf!"

Something seems wrong. Reading the qemu source code, the parent of
TYPE_VHOST_USER_VGA is TYPE_VIRTIO_VGA_BASE, which seems not to be
supported by arm("On arm systems display devices with a pci memory bar
do not work", also documented in [1]).

I maybe missed something, may I ask that does vhost-user-gpu supported
on arm64? Thanks,

Jay Zhou

[1] https://www.kraxel.org/blog/2019/09/display-devices-in-qemu/