qemu-devel

Re: Emulating Solaris 10 on SPARC64 sun4u

From: Peter Tribble
Subject: Re: Emulating Solaris 10 on SPARC64 sun4u
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 09:51:33 +0100

I see the same behaviour as reported here when booting current SPARC illumos
(illumos is the ongoing fork of OpenSolaris) under qemu - looks like it's booted
up fine, but I can't type anything on the console.

While I'm an illumos developer, and maintain it on SPARC, I'm unfamiliar with
most of the internals. We'll try and have a poke around, though.

(The aim would be to use qemu to allow illumos developers to test changes on SPARC
without requiring them to have SPARC hardware, hence my interest.)