qemu-devel

Re: Need BT support in qemu for Zephyr

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: Need BT support in qemu for Zephyr
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:44:55 +0100

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 08:40:32AM -0600, Dan Christian wrote:
> I'm new to trying to use qemu+bt (via btproxy) and haven't managed to get
> anything working.
>
> btproxy is launched first, then Zephyr launches qemu via it's west tool.
> The commands look like:
> sudo tools/btproxy -u -i 0 -d # in a separate window
> x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qemu-system-aarch64 -cpu cortex-a53 -nographic
> -machine virt -
> net none -pidfile qemu.pid -chardev stdio,id=con,mux=on -serial chardev:con
> -mon chardev=con,mode=readline -serial unix:/tmp/bt-server-bredr -kernel
> /home/dchristian/share-fb/zephyrproject/zephy
> r/build/zephyr/zephyr.elf
>
> It's failing with a device busy when btproxy tries to bind to the adapter.
> I don't think this is a quemu issue.

The command arguments above don't show any use of QEMU's BlueTooth
features. It appears that btproxy is creating a UNIX socket, and QEMU
is just being told to connect a serial port to this UNIX socket. So this
particular setup isn't affected by QEMU removing its BlueTooth support.

As for why it is failing with device busy, I presume this is a btproxy
issue rather than QEMU.

Regards,
Daniel