qemu-devel

Re: [edk2-discuss] Load Option passing. Either bugs or my confusion.

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [edk2-discuss] Load Option passing. Either bugs or my confusion.
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:13:03 +0200

  Hi,

> So I would say that the symptom you see is a QEMU v4.1.0 regression. The
> QemuRamfbGraphicsOutputSetMode() function in the OVMF ramfb driver
> certainly needs the QemuFwCfgWriteBytes() call to work, for changing the
> resolution.

Oh?  QemuRamfbGraphicsOutputSetMode() can be called multiple times?
How does that happen?

> (1) Registering a device reset handler in QEMU seems sufficient, so that
> QEMU forget about the currently shared RAMFB area at platform reset.

That happens.  After system reset you can write configuration again (once).

The guest os should not play with ramfb.  It is supposed to be setup by
the firmware (ovmf driver or vgabios rom) as boot display, then never be
re-configured again ...

cheers,
  Gerd