qemu-devel

RE: Qemu doesn't detect hard drive

From: Aijaz . Baig
Subject: RE: Qemu doesn't detect hard drive
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 08:01:24 +0000

Thanks for the tip Pete. It is always tiny tidbits like these that can waste
hours of time for someone coming from x86 😉.

Ok I changed the command line and it looks like this now:
sudo qemu-system-arm -m 1024M -M vexpress-a9 -D qemu.log -sd armdisk.img
-kernel buildroot-2019.02.5/output/images/zImage -dtb
buildroot-2019.02.5/output/images/vexpress-v2p-ca9.dtb -append "root=/dev/ram
console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=kbd,ttyAMA0,115200 ip=dhcp nokaslr" -initrd
buildroot-2019.02.5/output/images/rootfs.cpio -nographic -net nic -net
bridge,br=mybridge -s

I am looking at 'dumping' a Debian like rootfs on the MMC and then use that as
the default rootfs instead of the busybox one. Is there an easy to follow guide
that you can point me at?  Would save me a couple hours. Also, merely
specifying that partition as the kernel 'root' parameter should suffice right?