qemu-devel

Re: Hot unplug disabling on pci-pci bridge

From: Igor Mammedov
Subject: Re: Hot unplug disabling on pci-pci bridge
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 15:09:35 +0100

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:49:53 +0000
Ani Sinha <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On Mar 24, 2020, at 4:38 PM, Igor Mammedov <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > question is do you need to disable only unplug side both
> > (plug+unplug) operations (like we did with PCIE)?
>
> I need to disable the unplug side only.

I don't know  about SHPC (i.e you probably can only have both or none)

For ACPI hotplug it should be possible to hack current impl.,
one would need to remove _EJ0->PCEJ methods.
That should hide ability to eject device in Windows but IO ports
will still be there so malicious guest will still be able to eject device.

But I'd emulate real hardware behavior where one would have plug+unplug
or none or disable acpi pci hotplug globally for VM.