qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 0/1] Slirp patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/1] Slirp patches
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 09:33:25 +0000

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 08:19, Aleksandar Markovic
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This pull request has a very unusual form to me. In its cover letter, it
> appears as if only one
> line of code is changed, while the patch 1/1 strangely suggests that there
> are number of
> underlying patches. I am really puzzled how this pill request is created at
> all, and what
>is its real content.

It's a submodule update -- they always look like this. From the point
of view of the
main QEMU repository, the only change is the one-line "submodule X moves from
commit hash Y to commit hash Z". That represents potentially a large number of
changes inside the submodule's git repository (which has its own git
commit log).

thanks
-- PMM