[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PATCH v21 0/7]target-ppc/spapr: Add FWNMI support in QEMU for PowerKVM
[PATCH v21 0/7]target-ppc/spapr: Add FWNMI support in QEMU for PowerKVM guests
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 00:14:16 +0530
This patch set adds support for FWNMI in PowerKVM guests.
System errors such as SLB multihit and memory errors
that cannot be corrected by hardware is passed on to
the kernel for handling by raising machine check
exception (an NMI). Upon such machine check exceptions,
if the address in error belongs to guest then KVM
invokes guests' 0x200 interrupt vector if the guest
is not FWNMI capable. For FWNMI capable guest
KVM passes the control to QEMU by exiting the guest.
This patch series adds functionality to QEMU to pass
on such machine check exceptions to the FWNMI capable
guest kernel by building an error log and invoking
the guest registered machine check handling routine.
The KVM changes are now part of the upstream kernel
(commit e20bbd3d). This series contain QEMU changes.
Change Log v21:
- Use error_setg() for failure handling in apply hook.
- Report warning if FWNMI enabled for TCG.
- Enable FWNMI by default for machine type 5.0.
Change Log v20:
- Remove code left over from previous version.
Change Log v19:
- Create error object for migration blocker in machine_init().
- Remove the check to see fwnmi calls are already registered,
which is no longer needed.
- Register fwnmi RTAS calls in core_rtas_register_types() where
other RTAS calls are registered.
- Bail out from interlock call if the cap is not set.
- Reorder and add missing S-O-Bs.
Change Log v18:
- Dynamically create the Error object before adding it as blocker
- In apply hook check if the fwnmi calls are already registered and
if kvm supports fwnmi before registering the fwnmi calls.
- In rtas_ibm_nmi_register() test the feature flag before attempting
to get the RTAS address
- Introduce a bool member "fwnmi_calls_registered" to check if the
fwnmi calls are registered and use the same in needed hook to save
the state during migration.
Change Log v17:
- Add fwnmi cap to migration state
- Reprhase the commit message in patch 2/7
Change Log v16:
- Fixed coding style problems
Change Log v15:
- Removed cap_ppc_fwnmi
- Moved fwnmi registeration to .apply hook
- Assume SLOF has allocated enough room for rtas error log
- Using ARRAY_SIZE to end the loop
- Do not set FWNMI cap in post_load, now its done in .apply hook
Change Log v14:
- Feature activation moved to a separate patch
- Fixed issues with migration blocker
Change Log v13:
- Minor fixes (mostly nits)
- Moved FWNMI guest registration check from patch 4 to 3.
Change Log v12:
- Rebased to latest ppc-for-4.2 (SHA b1e8156743)
Change Log v11:
- Moved FWNMI SPAPR cap defaults to 4.2 class option
- Fixed issues with handling fwnmi KVM capability
Aravinda Prasad (7):
Wrapper function to wait on condition for the main loop mutex
ppc: spapr: Introduce FWNMI capability
target/ppc: Handle NMI guest exit
target/ppc: Build rtas error log upon an MCE
ppc: spapr: Handle "ibm,nmi-register" and "ibm,nmi-interlock" RTAS
migration: Include migration support for machine check handling
ppc: spapr: Activate the FWNMI functionality
cpus.c | 5 +
hw/ppc/spapr.c | 60 +++++++++
hw/ppc/spapr_caps.c | 28 ++++
hw/ppc/spapr_events.c | 269 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
hw/ppc/spapr_rtas.c | 87 +++++++++++++
include/hw/ppc/spapr.h | 25 +++-
include/qemu/main-loop.h | 8 ++
target/ppc/kvm.c | 24 ++++
target/ppc/kvm_ppc.h | 8 ++
target/ppc/trace-events | 1 +
10 files changed, 513 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
- [PATCH v21 0/7]target-ppc/spapr: Add FWNMI support in QEMU for PowerKVM guests,
Ganesh Goudar <=
- [PATCH v21 1/7] Wrapper function to wait on condition for the main loop mutex, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- [PATCH v21 2/7] ppc: spapr: Introduce FWNMI capability, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- [PATCH v21 3/7] target/ppc: Handle NMI guest exit, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- [PATCH v21 4/7] target/ppc: Build rtas error log upon an MCE, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- [PATCH v21 6/7] migration: Include migration support for machine check handling, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- [PATCH v21 7/7] ppc: spapr: Activate the FWNMI functionality, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- [PATCH v21 5/7] ppc: spapr: Handle "ibm, nmi-register" and "ibm, nmi-interlock" RTAS calls, Ganesh Goudar, 2020/01/30
- Re: [PATCH v21 0/7]target-ppc/spapr: Add FWNMI support in QEMU for PowerKVM guests, David Gibson, 2020/01/30