qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Xenial in Travis (was: qapi: Fix code generation with Pytho

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Xenial in Travis (was: qapi: Fix code generation with Python 3.5)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 06:46:00 +0100

On 18/01/2020 09.29, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
[...]
> This broke 29 of the 32 Travis jobs we have:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/qemu/qemu/builds/637999366
>
> Since we started to use Travis CI, it catched quite some bugs...
>
> I think it is important to add in the equation we also depend of our CIs.

Thinking about the state of our Travis CI ... The Travis CI jobs that
broke are still running Ubuntu Xenial (v16.04). According to our support
policy, we will stop supporting Xenial two years after v18.04 LTS has
been released, i.e. in April this year. So we have to update our Travis
CI jobs to a newer version with a newer Python very soon anyway - the
question is here only whether we update to v18.04 (with the broken
libssh version that we don't support in QEMU), or rather directly to
v20.04 (which might take a while 'till it shows up as an option in
Travis)...

 Thomas